It’s no secret that the bathroom is one of the most used rooms in the house. And, if you have a shower, it’s likely getting even more use. Because of this, it’s important to keep your shower looking new and up-to-date. But, how? Below, we’ve listed 6 tips to keep your shower looking new:
- Regularly clean your shower doors and walls. soap scum and mildew can build up quickly, so it’s important to clean your shower regularly. For an easy way to do this, mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spritz on your doors and walls after every shower. Then, just wipe down with a clean towel.
- Scrub tough stains. If you have tough stains, like rust or hard water deposits, you’ll need to scrub them with a little more elbow grease. For these types of stains, make a paste out of baking soda and water and scrub the area with a sponge.
- Replace your showerhead. A new showerhead can not only help your shower look new but feel new, too! If your old showerhead is looking a little worse for wear, consider replacing it with a new one. You’ll be surprised at the difference it makes.
- Update your hardware. Another quick and easy way to give your shower a fresh look is to update your hardware. This includes things like towel bars, soap dispensers, and faucets. Just switch out your old hardware for new pieces in a style that you love and voila!—a brand new look.
- Add some plants. Plants are not only beautiful but they can also help purify the air in your bathroom. So, if you want to breathe easier while you shower and enjoy the benefits of some extra greenery, add some plants to your space. Just be sure to choose varieties that thrive in humid environments since bathrooms can be quite steamy.
- Clean the glass – Glass shower doors can get stained and etched over time. To keep them looking their best, clean them regularly with a glass cleaner and a soft cloth. For really tough stains, you may need to use a glass scratch remover.
Upkeeping your shower can be a lot of work, but it’s worth it to keep it looking its best. If you need help with a remodel or are considering upgrading your shower, call Custom Bath & Shower at 402-674-4927 for a free consultation.